Thursday, March 12, 2015

Outside Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday.....

So last week my motivation was at a big fat zero to work out.  All the classes at the gym were cancelled because of our horrible weather and I was just not in the mood.  I did Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred" in the morning just to have some type of workout.  If you have ever done this DVD it is a good workout but I have to mute Jillian.  She can be motivating at times but at 7:00 in the morning I'm not trying to her listen to her say, "Keep doing jumping jacks! I have 300lb people that can do jumping jacks!"  Ugh that will be enough from you lady.  I'm chubby, jumping jacks kill my knees, and it is way too early for me to listen to that nonsense! 

Fast forward to this week.  On Monday I went back to the gym.  I did a 30 minute treadmill warm up, 10 minutes on the Stair Climber (OMG first time on that..), and a short kettle bell workout.  Tuesday I was back in spin and it felt amazing after a week off!  Yesterday and today it has been GORGEOUS outside so I took my butt (and my mutts) to Iroquois Park to get some fresh air.  Iroquois Park is one of the prettiest parks you've ever set foot in.  Any park that has a lookout where you can see this gorgeous city is pretty in my book!  The loop around the park is about 3&1/2 miles with lots of hills.  I am not a runner by any means but today I ran down the hills and walked up the rest.  It feels good to get the fresh air in my lungs and the sunshine on my skin.  It has been so gloom and doom lately this sunshine is highly welcomed!

So I told you all that to tell you this.  Just start working out.  Just go to the gym.  Just go outside and walk or run on pretty days.  Just start.  That is all it takes.  Get up off the couch and decide, "Hey I'm going to work out today."  That's how I started.  One day I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself I was going to work out.  Everything I have read said it takes four weeks for you to notice your body changing and eight weeks for others to notice.  I completely agree with that.  I started my journey in February.  I lost 10lbs and 10 overall inches and I could tell.  I never heard anything from my husband.  I never heard anything from my friends.  Here it is March and now I've heard a few times, "Are you losing weight?"  WHY YES I AM!  When this question is asked it makes me realize I am doing the right thing.  I am moving in the right direction.  Working out is a habit now.  I go to the gym five days a week.  I try to alternate different classes and workouts to change it up.  I want to tone as much as I want to drop the weight.  I know I will never be "skinny" because I am not built like that but there are things I can be.  I can be toned, I can be fit, and I can be motivating to someone who feels like I did earlier this year. 

Just a thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment